Ten Things About Birthdays
Ten Things About Birthdays is well, about birthdays!
- They’ll come, regardless.
- Telling a good friend and mentor, who is ninety-five years fantastic, is a good thing to do when you turn sixty.
- Sixty is an easier number to remember, and quicker to write, than most numerals.
- I remember Sputnik, hula-hoop’s, bell bottoms, side burns, Afros and senseless wars.
- I recall having more hair.
- I remember being sixteen and twenty-eight and do not long for either.
- I remember the first girl I ever kissed, who woke up beside me this very morning.
- Given the alternatives, showing up for a birthday is a very good thing.
- My children and grandchildren sang “Happy Birthday” to me this morning.
- Definition of a blessing: Being unable to keep up with the online greetings that rolled in today.
Thank you, dear hearts, everyone.
Graphic artwork created exclusively for Rise This Day by
Ma. Shayne Krizel Zalameda.